Chronic Hepatitis C in Taiwan - Why, When, How and What to Treat
Advancing Clinical Treatment of Liver Disease, Taiwan
Taiwan Liver Research Function
November 30, 2014 - Taipei
November 30, 2014 - Central (Taichung)
November 29, 2014- Southern Taiwan (Kaohsiung)
You are leaving IC-HEP and will be taken to the following site for additional information:
- Review the prevalence of chronic hepatitis C (CHC) in Taiwan and the condition of the HCV-related HCC and the strategy of HCV screening
- Review the guidelines of treatment of the HCV infection over the world and the reimbursement policy In Taiwan, either in generally population or the special groups of patients such as patients with thalassemia, hemodialysis, or HBV or HIV co-infection.
- Review the predictors of response to therapy such as the genetic factors of IL 28B and the potential targets for research.
- Review the barriers in the therapy for CHC and encourage the overcoming efforts by the health providers.
- Review the new DAAs therapy for HCV, which are not yet available particular in Taiwan.
This activity is supported by educational grants from AbbVie, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Gilead Sciences.